List of Current Social Issues
Many events reported in the mainstream or social media are related to a wide variety of current social issues. It is important to highlight some of these issues that students may be asked to write on by their professors. A brief overview of these issues will be highlighted to give an impression on what is typically discussed when writing such papers. This unordered list is helpful to students to know the likely topics they may expect to write on, and what issues are discussed.
WriteMyEssayForFree.net is an online academic writing company. We provide essay writing services to students at all academic levels, whether high school, college, university, or post-graduate institutions. Our company serves students from various global locations, namely, the USA, Australia, Canada, United Arab Emirates, and the United Kingdom. We are dedicating to ensuring students achieve academic excellence by offering them customized essay writing services, in line with their course requirements and the requirements of the professor. Our papers are high-quality with 100%-free plagiarism delivered within deadlines. We have a team of professional writers experienced in essay writing across a variety of subjects.
In the modern social setting, it is extremely cumbersome to lead a social life without facing unrelenting criticism from everyone in the society. The contemporary times have become a smokescreen where every single issue of likely to elicit a social reaction. At the forefront is the media that is always ready to report on every issue in the society once they occur. The conventional ways of communication such as face-to-face conversations have been replaced by advanced technological techniques of communication.
The social media is one such technology that has taken over the reporting and scrutiny of issues, thereby, increasing the connectivity between people on a multicultural scale. This and many others highlight the various ways in which everything the society has changed. Essentially, everything has transformed or adopted a novel form, which adds up to the numerous changes in society today. The social issues are continuously transcending every aspect of our society. Therefore, you can choose from a range of topics when mandated with
writing an essay on social issues. The social media has absorbed people to the extent that people find it difficult to engage in old-fashioned face-to-face conversations.
When given a task on social issues, do not panic. Our essay writing service can always help you. This way, you will have ample time to engage in other aspects of life such as face-to-face communication that would balance our lives, thereby, making you lead an acceptable social life. Nearly all aspects of life are about social media, which is a major generational change that sets our generation far off apart from the others in the previous years.
Many of the modern day issues that have hit conventional media as well as social media headlines include a list of social justice issues that you can find at our essay writing services. Regardless of what you are tasked with, our professional writers are knowledgeable in the most recent trends within society. We are as technologically informed as you; hence, we will always provide you with essays that fully discuss social justice issues.
List of Social Issues
Below is a list of social issues in America, which students can be asked to write about. Some of them are categorized under a list of social justice issues.
- Racism. This is a form of categorization where people from the same race identify with their own and in so doing they appear to discriminate others. It is responsible for increased prevalence of social tension.
- Gender identity. Issues such as homosexuality create a difference in the way people react in society. For instance, lesbian and gay bars are common social places where people with a specific identity interact, setting them apart from other people in society.
- Religion. Numerous religious denominations exist such as Christianity, Islam, and atheists, among many others. A growing trend has seen these religious gatherings interacting socially with their kind. Their gatherings are embedded in strong values shared by group members.
- Drugs and alcohol abuse. The use of drugs and alcohol has been rampant among the youth and adult, who end up abusing them. Consequently, drug and alcohol abuse leads to changed emotional and mental health, which culminates in anti-social behavior.
- Government and social life. The government is known to be tracking the activities of people in social media to prevent any unwarranted posts. Thus, governments around the world have engaged in creation and enforcement of legislation to control the activities on social media.
- Cyberbullying. The social media has become a leeway for hackers to bully people leading them into suicidal thoughts. The stalkers often take advantage of the weaknesses of the users to drive them into harming themselves or harming others through blackmail.
- Social media propagating bad vices. Some of the comments or posts in social media often lead to behavioral changes among youth who glamorize immoral values such as drug and alcohol abuse, teenage sex, and even radicalization of youth.
- Education disparity. In the education setting, social classes have been set up based on one’s race or economic position. People from rich backgrounds attend good schools that have proper amenities. Those from poor backgrounds attend schools that lack proper facilities.
- War. Following the 9/11 attacks, Syrian unrest, and other global wars, tensions have been reported in social interactions. For example, Arabs that live in America have a high possibility of being trolled or even abused on social media. This necessitates the government to enforce responsibility in social networking sites.
- Materialism. Fashion has greatly affected the interactions among teenagers who gauge social class based on adherence to emerging trends. As such, they are least likely to engage with peers who come out as untrendy in the fashion sense.
- Family and single parenthood. In American society, there are cases of parenting that affects the lives of youth. Some have been separated from their parents who are either dead or in jail, leading them to be subjected to foster homes.
On the other hand, other kids have been compelled to live with single parents, which sometimes affecting their emotional and mental health, which may, in turn, affect their social interactions. This is common in America.
- Obesity and social life. Body image has increasingly grown into a weapon that many youths can use against others in social media. People glamorize slim bodies of celebrities. Those who are seen to be fat are frequently embarrassed in the social media, which may lead to suicidal thoughts.
- Poverty and social life. A trend has been observed in the modern generation where a person’s social status is defined by their economic power. Thus, the poor are often perceived lowly in the society whereas those who are reached are regarded highly.
- The power of advertisements. Extreme advertising has created a form of brand loyalty where some people have been coaxed into buying specific products based on the frequency of the adverts. Even in some cases, they buy the products against their inner will.
- Procrastination. Students have a tendency of postponing their assignments due to the distractions brought about by their fun life. While it may improve their social life, it is highly detrimental to their academic life and most of them may end up failing.
List of Social Justice Issues
From the list discussed previously, you were able to see variety of social issues affecting Americans. Of these items, some are grouped among social justice issues that have been experienced over years in America. It is common for students to be tasked with writing about a variety of social justice topics. The typically fail to impress their tutors since the lack the know-how required in crafting good papers.
At WriteMyEssayForFree.net, we have experts that are qualified and knowledgeable in writing an essay on social issues. It is wise, thus, to ask for our help if you are to attain academic excellence.
List of social issues in America
The social justice issues can be categorized under a list of social policy issues and social awareness issues.
List of social policy issues
One of the most discussed social policy issues is gun violence. The presence of guns in America has been known to trigger violence. Thus, the government has contemplated legislation that would reduce the number of people holding guns to reduce crime and other bad vices.
List of social awareness issues
Selective police brutality is an example of social awareness issues reported in this country. There have been cases of extreme use of force against selective races, some of notable ones being African Americans and Hispanics.
Cases have been recently cited on the fatalities caused by the excessive use of force by the police. As discussed, social issues are seen in nearly every societal aspect. When handed an assignment of writing an essay on social issues, you may select a topic that is interesting to you.
The first step in writing a great essay is the topic selection. It is prudent to select a topic that you can easily research on. The list below shows common types of social issues essay topics:
- Describe ways in which cybercrime can be prevented?
- Write a persuasive essay on the detrimental effect of social media on traditional ways of communication such as face-to-face conversations.
- How does racism affect Americans?
- What are the issues and challenges of single parenting?
- Discuss three stereotypes against the LGBT.
- Discuss gender identity and the way it affects people in the society.
- Outline selective cases of domestic violence and discuss the corresponding influence on children.
- Discuss teenage pregnancy and best ways of avoiding it.
- Should prostitution be legalized?
- How does bullying occur in schools and what are its the effects?