What Is an Opinion Essay?
Students often ask: “What is the definition of the opinion essay?” It is such a task that contains questions, allowing students to share their viewpoints on a subject matter. Students must express their ideas briefly when giving opinions on the problem that is related to the area within a certain logic. For some tasks of this type, you might need references to support the writer’s opinion.
What Student Faces an Opinion Essay?
Many international students who do not speak English face with the assignment of studying how to compose an opinion piece of writing suggested by Cambridge Assessment English & British Council. It might be both college and high school, students. The level of English among such students should be improved. While they write in English, they can express their opinions and thoughts.
What Are the Requirements of an Opinion Essay?
- Don’t go, off-topic. Write accordingly to the given topic. Don’t beat around the bush because you might get a lower grade.
- Indent the 1st paragraph. Opinion paper is similar to most academic papers. So indent the 1st line in the intro.
- Well-considered thesis. The thesis is a short and concise description of the paper. It is like a guide throughout the essay. All the data should be included in the main body.
- Utilize formal language. Though it is normal to write informally, it is recommended to use formal and professional words like “Thus,” “However,” “Therefore,” “Furthermore,” etc.
- The use of 1st person language. You may write in the first person in this essay type if you wish.
- Do not use informal punctuation and slang. Though the 1st person language is allowed, avoid using informal punctuation like emojis, exclamation marks, and dashes.
- Do not include contradictions. Make sure grammar and spelling are correct.
Opinion Essay Topics
It is necessary to select a topic before you learn the structure. It is very easy to choose the essay topic you like. It is recommended to select the opinion topic that you have a passion for or are interested in. Otherwise, the writing process might seem to be boring for you. If you pick up the topic you like, your opinion essay will be both well-written and effective.
- What is the difference between ordinary board games and sports?
- Is it immoral to utilize animals in the circus performances?
- Why must we all be honest with others?
- Is a four-day work week a way out?
- Must all people become vegetarians?
- What is the income of a CEO?
- Should teens sleep less than they do?
- Must voting for a leader be obligatory?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of saving day-light hours?
- Which of the 2020 cars are the safest and most efficient?
Opinion Essay Structure
Students might fight with the entire paper format when it comes to writing body paragraphs. The standard size of the opinion essay is five paragraphs. However, it might be complicated for beginners to define which each one of them must include. That is why we recommend checking out the following opinion essay structure to master your writing.
- State the subject matter and address the reader directly.
- Reference a play, book, poem, speech.
- Include a publication date and name of the author.
- Use a few (1-2) sentences for short descriptions.
- Use a few (1-2) summarizing sentences.
- Use one sentence, linking to the 1st body paragraph.
Body Paragraph 1
- Topic sentence.
- The transitional phrase to the 2nd body paragraph.
Body Paragraph 2
- Topic sentence.
- The transitional phrase to the 3rd body paragraph.
- Body Paragraph 3
- Topic sentence.
- The transitional phrase to the conclusion.
- A CTA (call to action).
Opinion Essay Examples
Read the examples of opinion essays to expand your knowledge. So, you will know exactly how to write such a paper’s form. Have a look at the following samples for some insight and inspiration.
Writing the opinion essay, the student has to include his or her thoughts there. Then they should provide the reader with examples and logical explanations. If you become more knowledgeable, it will be much easier for you to compose an opinion essay. Refer to the necessary data like requirements, definitions, examples, and topics, before you start to write. This is the main difference between a master-writer and an amateur.
Qualified Essay Help
Wonder how to write your opinion essay? Afraid even to start it? We offer you our writing assistance to get the highest grade. Use it if you want to be successful in your studies.