Guide to Successful American Dream Essay Writing: American Dream Argumentative Essay and Many More
One of the most passionate academic exercises for American students is when they are asked to write an American dream essay. Many students often make a mistake in this kind of writing in which they can pour out their ambitions living in America without due consideration of the elements that would make the essay interesting.
What Is the American Dream Essay and how do you write?
When tasked with writing an American dream essay, it is prudent to define “American Dream” from the numerous perspectives and establish your viewpoint. Some of the common definitions include better relationships with people, freedom and respect, economic empowerment, and a better life.
A range of perspectives can be considered when writing your American dream essay. However, choosing a broad perspective can lead to poor essays. Therefore, it is prudent to choose a narrow subject that will lead to an American dream essay that is not only concise but also has a logical flow.
How should you write a great American dream essay?
Below are some important considerations to make in the process of writing to achieve a successful paper, which will be interesting and earn good grades.
- Define the term “American Dream” from popular perspectives and choose a suitable topic to work on.
- Conduct thorough research on the topic using credible and reliable sources.
- Draft a detailed outline of the key points you will include in your paper. This will be a blueprint for the essay that will keep you on track and ensure a logical flow.
- Write down your essay in line with your outline and connect your paragraphs with proper transitions that will enhance coherence.
- Revise, edit and proofread your work to remove superfluous information, grammatical mistakes, and typos.
The American dream essay outline
What normally follows topic selection is the development of an outline. Your American dream essay should adhere to the standard structure, that is:
- IntroductionYou should introduce your topic by defining the term and then state your perspective regarding the chosen topic. In most cases, your perspective is written as a thesis statement at the end of the introductory paragraph.
- Have in mind that the interest of the reader to continue reading your American dream essay will depend on how captivating your introduction is. Thus, you should use a hook sentence to capture the attention of the audience.
- Some of the tips for an inspiring hook include:
- Using a quote from a famous American
- Beginning with a question
- Providing statistical data
- Body ParagraphsA body should have 2-3 paragraphs with topic sentences that support the thesis statement. Below the topic sentences, you should have supporting details, for instance, applicable examples and facts.
ConclusionJust like they remember the introduction, readers also focus on the conclusion. Hence, you need to make your conclusion satisfactory so that readers remain with something to discuss. A boring conclusion may make readers lose interest in your paper.
Here are some useful tips for a great conclusion
- It should be short and straight to the point
- It should be a summary of your main ideas and reaffirmation of the thesis statement
- Avoid introducing any new information at this point.
Common American Dream Essay Topics
Various topics are common for students to write about. Below is a list of what to expect although more topics exist:
- Is the American dream achievable?
- What is the idea behind the America dream?
- How does the American dream appear in songs?
- Does the American dream still exist today essay
- Which generation of people worked so hard to achieve the American dream?
- The Great Gatsby American dream essay
- Is the American dream about wealth and money only?
- How do movies bring out the idea of the American dream?
- What does the American dream mean to immigrants?
American Dream Essay Examples
An exceptional American dream essay requires patience, skill, and devotion of your time. We will share some examples of American dream essays that will help you get better insights on how to write your paper. If you feel incapable of writing your essay even after reading the samples you can always order a paper on our website.
The Great Gatsby American Dream Essay
“The Great Gatsby” by F. Scott Fitzgerald is a perfect illustration of the American dream. Through the character of Jay Gatsby, the author how the fascinations with the American dream can destroy people even without their knowledge. Jay works so hard and fails to discern that the life of riches is a lie. As Fitzgerald shows, Jay’s unrelenting desire for wealth and power leads to his eventual destruction.
Jay believes he could do anything with his wealth to the extent that he tries to fix his past wrongdoings with money. To him, money is everything and makes him a special person. However, we learn that despite his wealth, he is empty. He even attempts to lure Daisy with money.
He continues with his journey to satisfy his desires but fails to find any satisfaction in his wealth. In the end, he becomes disillusioned and loses purpose in life…”
American Dream Argumentative Essay
“To many people, the American dream means having a happy life with a successful career, great family, and much wealth. It is a vision that revolves around the freedoms people have to explore opportunities that change their lives. While the American dream has caused ripples among Americans, its achievement requires passion, determination, and hard work. People from all over the world flock America because of the numerous opportunities available. Most feel disappointed when they are denied entry at the border checks. These illustrate the extent to which people would go to achieve the American dream.
To attain the American dream, success is required on various spheres of life. One is proper education that can make you secure a good job. The chances available for people to advance their careers outline the numerous opportunities available to make the American dream a success….
On a different note, the American dream can be achieved in other ways aside from education. For instance, the accumulation of wealth by the rich and famous is a source of fulfillment and pleasure for such kind….
The American dream is accessible due to the freedoms and rights accorded in America. From free education to equal job opportunities, people have a chance to pursue their respective dreams…”
American Dream Definition Essay
Other American dream essays are meant to define what it constitutes. This topic is one of the most difficult to handle since no single definition can be used for the term. Thus, it would be confusing and difficult for students to
write an essay.
We have presented you with a sample to read and get insights. You can also order a paper with us to save you time.
What does the American dream mean to you essay
“The term ‘American dream’ has dominated many cultures in American society. Even in the contemporary generations it still maintains some form of relevance. What does the American dream mean? It is not possible to illustrate any single meaning of this term since people experience it differently based on their ambitions.
Some believe the American dream is about freedom and opportunity. They believe that it is about their ability to attend school, buy things, and even get hired for jobs without consideration of the racial, religious or cultural affiliation. Freedom to make choices and voice democratic rights is part of the American dream in this school of thought.
Innovation also forms part of the American dream. The ability to invent consumer goods or even technological gadgets makes America an ideal location for innovation enthusiasts. The current technological and marketing skills are always changing. It is not mandatory for people to undergo further training to acquire specific skills to keep with changing times. There is always demand for their skills in the free market that allows freedom of choice…”
Any American dream essay should be captivating for readers. Often, your tutors look for the logical flow of realistic ideas and not just made-up fictitious tales. Thus, you should try to be relevant and develop an interesting writing.